If you know of a Northern Colorado literary event (book signing, reading, etc.) that is not included in this blog, or have a link to a literary site that you like, or just want to share a wonderful word, send a message with the details to beth@secondletter.com. Click here for submission guidelines.

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

So Big


Are we really so big in the world? My inflated human ego has felt most humbled at the top of Longs Peak, looking across the chasm at Mosi-0s-Tunya, “Smoke that Thunders,” every time the Pleiades shoots at me, and most recently when I planted my booted foot next to the print of a bear at the Naknek Lake shore. And when the ursine owner sauntered my way up the beach, the Bear School 101 mantra was my heartbeat.

Do not run, do not
though my feet are a foot more
I lumber, not run.

3 comments:

  1. So you made it! Just great! However. If you just lay down the bear will sit on your thighs and gaze deeply into your eyes. Forever you will be mesmerized. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A booted foot by a barefoot bear foot. (Glad it’s a footPRINT instead of an actual foot!) Enjoy (and best wishes lumbering)!

    ReplyDelete